Thursday, July 22, 2010

Good Morning Good News !!!! July 22, 2010

Good Morning Good News !!!!

Mom is visiting her hooman son, James, and grandkids.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rikkis_refuge/4817475909/

She'll be bringing the grandkids back to live with her for a few years.
Her son is going on a sailing trip around the world!!!! Her Dad and
Brother are already in Thailand getting the boat ready. Soon they will
set sail for great adventures.

They want mom to go, but she won't go away and leave us for that long.

She is gonna do some diving with James before she comes home though.
They're going out on a boat today. Sounds scary to me. Sharks are really
big and they have really big teeth. Mom says the only time she stops
worrying about me and all the kitties and doggies and rabbits and
birdies and everybody in the world is 200 ft 500 psi and 34 sharks. I
don't know what all that means but it sure sounds scary to me!

More sharks are eaten by people every year than people eaten by sharks.
My mommey never eats nobody so you don't think they'll eat her do you?
Pray for my mommey to come home safe and not eaten. Even if she is
taking MY puter on the boat.

Some of my nice friends have said I can use theirs when they come to
visit. Hope they visit me a lot !!!


Please keep voting every day and telling your friends to vote. Don't
let me lose the contest if I can't send you Good Morning Good News every
day for a bit. The contest is over Aug 22. I'll be back way before
then! Don't you worry. Just keep voting.

http://bit.ly/bDLKJY Rikkis Refuge, Orange, VA, USA
Oh look! I'm a fish today!!! Maybe I'll go swim with mommey!!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rikkis_refuge/4696214298/

I think I'd really love the ocean if it didn't have all that water in
it. Then it's just be sand and fish !!!! Yum yum scratch scratch .....


Rene tells me her sister found out she doesn't have chromosome defects,
which means she has a better chance of being cured of the brain tumor.
They still won't call it cancer, but have her doing chemo pills &
radiation for another 5 weeks. At least it's good news. Thanks for the
prayers!


http://www.flickr.com/photos/rikkis_refuge/4727204992/
Come play with me at Funland on Saturday to play games and raise money
for Rikki's Soz I can buy some Fancy Feast. Check diz out
http://www.rikkisrefuge.org/Rikkis/funland%20day.html


Have you entered the best pet in the world in the photo contest yet?
YOUR pet could be on our calendar!!!! Hurry, the deadline is coming
close. There are some great entries - but is the BEST in yet????
http://www.rikkisrefuge.org/Rikkis/2010photocontest.html


The nice produce stand on rt 3 in Fredericksburg, VA, USA is giving is
their left over produce again this summer. Please contact Jane
janew@infionline.net if you can help with pick ups. As much as we'd
like to see her every day, she just can't do it every day, she's got
kitties to take care of too !!!! I think their schedule is very
flexible and we leave totes there - so you just pick it up and it's nice
and clean and can go in a car for the trip to Rikki's Piggies !!!!


Jean shares her embarrassing pet story with us. I was having a women
only wedding shower at my house. Towards the end of the shower my
husband came in with our 2 year old dog, 70 pound, husky mix, Eddie.
Eddie was so excited to see everyone and wanted to give them kisses.
Terry was the maid-of-honor and she is also has a pet sitting business
and all dogs love her. Terry was wearing a type of low cut peasant
blouse. Eddie jumped up on her to kiss her and his paws pulled down her
top to reveal she wasn't wearing a bra. My husband was the only male
there and he then told her he trained Eddie to do that.


Leah sent me this note: Hiya Vincent! If one of your hoomans is up in
Culpeper ask if they could stop by Mama Mai's. I have a jar for you all
but I am working 6 days a week 12 hrs a day so I can't get down there. I
am certain there is at least $100 in there probably more.

Can YOU please pick it up so I can buy Fancy Feast?
http://www.facebook.com/people/Leah-Bodo/100000044858287#!/profile.php?id=100000044858287
This is her facebook contact or just go to Mama Mai's in Culpeper and
tell them you're from Rikki's!!!!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tvv5gL1pGb0
And at Rikki's we KNOW there ARE chickens in the trees. We've also
learned - the hard way - that's it's not real bright to sit under the
chicken tree!!!!


Do me a BIG favor today, Please? Be somebody's HERO ?


I love you,
Vincent

PS If you don't want your Daily Good New, just let me know! A couple of
you have said you only want Hairballs with out the Good News!! That's
ok! Just tell me. I'm here to make you happy, just tell me how! If
Good New don't make you happy - I could always start Bad News, but, as
you hoomans say, why reinvent the wheel - that's what you've got tv and
newspapers for !!!!!


--
Have you Voted for Rikki's Today?

Vote Right Now! We can win $s if we have the most votes by August 22,
2010 - you can vote everyday - it's FREE - get everybody you know voting!!!

Rikkis Refuge, Orange, VA, USA
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/shelterchallenge.faces?siteId=3&link=ctg_ars_shelterchallenge_from_home_sidetabs

Vincent D. Cat, Official Spokes Cat of Rikki's Refuge

JOIN THE RIKKI'S FAMILY
http://www.rikkisrefuge.org/donate.php

Not a Rikki's Family Member? For only $45 you can join for a year and
receive your electronic subscription to HAIRBALLS and paper subscription
to REFLECTIONS

DONATE NOW save a life today
http://www.rikkisrefuge.org/donate.php

RIKKI'S REFUGE a 367 acre, no-kill, all species peaceful sanctuary
supported solely by donations of kind and loving individuals, just like
you.

Your donations provide direct support. A financial statement is
available upon written request from the State Office of Consumer
Affairs. All material in this e-mail is copyrighted and cannot be used
for any purpose other than to bring awareness of Rikki's Refuge and the
plight of unwanted animals to the public. Any monetary gain attributed
to this material must be donated to Rikki's.

Phone: 540-854-0870
Address: PO Box 1357, Orange VA 22960
Member: paypal.com (mail@rikkisrefuge.org),
CFC 77674, CVC 3163, PetsMart Charities #1377
Web page: http://www.rikkisrefuge.org
E-mail: Vincent@RikkisRefuge.org

No comments: