Sunday, June 24, 2007

Bandit Gets To Be First


Bandit Gets To Be First
Originally uploaded by rikkis_refuge
Bandit! Bandit! Come here Bandit. Bandit, Bandit, where are you? Deb Montgomery of The Curley Dog Mobile Pet Salon (540-720-7861) was dedicating the day to washing dirty old hound dogs, and other residents of Rikki's Refuge. Bandit cracked one eye and sniffed. No smell of food. Though he guess that was another set of tires he'd have to deal with. Bandit! Bandit! By now everybody was calling for Bandit. "Let's see, it's after breakfast, I've already argued over my meds, almost outsmarted Lena this morning but she found where I spit them out and forced them back in. Gee I hate it when she holds my mouth shut till I turn crossed eyed and finally swallow. Not time for dinner or evening meds yet. I wonder what they want? I don't smell any food.", thought Bandit as he laid under my trailer in the shade.

Deloris used the ultimate trick and opened a bag of treats. "Food! I smell Food" and Bandit was out like a flash. Lena and Deloris offered him to be First, his tail began to wag. Being a little hard of hearing he thought they were talking about First at the food bowl, not at the wash tub. Enticed by treats, he lumbered over to Deb's Mobile Salon.

www.Rikkisrefuge.org Our next tour is July 4th at 11 am. 540-854-0870 x2
Sign up for our e-mail newsletter "Hairballs" so you know what's coming up !

No comments: